Based from Chuck Palahniuk’s Fight Club, an excellent novel, which adapted into film back in 1999, in this quick list you’ll find 13 brilliant life quotes about the society and consumerism thrown by its main character, Tyler Durden, played by Brad Pitt, in the movie.
Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don’t you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can’t think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you’re supposed to read? Do you think every thing you’re supposed to think? Buy what you’re told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you’re alive. If you don’t claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned. - Tyler (opening credit in DVD)
1. Without pain, without sacrifice, we would have nothing.
2. You wanna make an omelet, you gotta break some eggs.
3. You are not your job. You’re not how much money you have in the bank. You’re not the car you drive. You’re not the contents of your wallet. You’re not your f***ing khakis. You’re the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.
4. Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.
5. It’s only after we’ve lost everything that we’re free to do anything.
6. Listen to me! You have to consider the possibility that God does not like you. He never wanted you. In all probability, he hates you. This is not the worst thing that can happen.
7. Listen up, maggots. You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You’re the same decaying organic matter as everything else.
8. Self-improvement is masturbation. Now… self-destruction.
9. We’re consumers. We are by-products of a lifestyle obsession. Murder, crime, poverty, these things don’t concern me. What concerns me are celebrity magazines, television with 500 channels, some guy’s name on my underwear.
10. I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let’s evolve, let the chips fall where they may.
11. The things you own end up owning you.
12. This is your life, and it’s ending one minute at a time.
image credit: Adam Grey
(Source: quotesberry.com )
Page 1 of 125